Zoom Family Meeting (Nov 1). Our monthly Zoom meetings resume on Sunday, November 1, 6:30-7:30pm. This month, we have the pleasure of having Rev. Cid Latty of CBOQ join us for a discussion on church revitalization. Cid is the Congregational Development Associate at CBOQ. Originally from the UK, he co-founded the Cafechurch Network which helped to start more than a hundred café churches in high street coffee shops all over the UK. We are excited to have him join us for an informational time.
Trunk-Or-Treat (Oct 31). As Halloween looks different this year, we will have tables full of safe, pre-packaged candy and treats to be distributed to our neighbours and visitors in the parking lot, from 5:00-8:30pm. We welcome especially the children in the community, although teenagers and adults are welcome too! If you are interested in volunteering or donating candy, please contact the church office.
Fight4Freedom Webinar (Aug 12). Fight4Freedom is an anti–human trafficking ministry located here in Toronto, and they will be hosting a Zoom webinar on August 12 at 8pm on the link between pornography and human trafficking. Human trafficking is a quiet but pervasive problem all over the world, and it is also a presence here in Canada, so it will be an informative event to participate in. If you wish to join, you must register with Pastor Dave by email or phone. Stay tuned for future events with F4F!
Reopening Church (updated July 8). As the Premier of Ontario announced that places of worship are able to gather again at 30% capacity, our elders have prayerfully considered how and when it is best for Renforth to open its doors. We opened doors on July 5. Our online services will continue as usual. For a detailed outline of our reopening, click here.
COVID-19. In light of the novel coronavirus that has been deemed a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, we at Renforth are primarily concerned for those in our community. The elder team has posted a more detailed response, but please continue to practice the following precautions as recommended by public health officials.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close forms of contact (handshaking, hugging, etc.).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Maintain at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between yourself and anyone, especially those who are coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Keep up to date on information regarding Covid-19, especially areas where the virus is spreading. If possible, avoid traveling and large crowds, especially if you are an older person, are immuno-compromised, or have diabetes, heart, or lung disease.
- If you or a relative have recently traveled to a place where Covid-19 is spreading widely, please follow public health guidelines for self-isolation, with the recommended 14 day period.
Please continue to pray with us, especially as we seek wisdom from God on how to proceed and care for people in our church family and community.
Worship Team. We are holding auditions for worship team members, specifically for bass, electric guitar, keyboards (synth), and vocals (harmonizing is a must). If you are interested in auditioning, sign up here!
Prayer Team: The prayer team meets every Sunday at 10:00am in the fellowship room before Sunday service each week to pray for the service and other needs. If you are interested in participating, sign up here or simply show up!
Kid’s Church: For children ages 4-12, please join us during the message part of the service. We take a few moments during the service to lift our children in prayer, so please join us for that! (Kid’s Church is on hold during the current Covid-19 pandemic.)
Prayer: please speak with Pastor Dave or the Elder Team if we can pray for you in any way!